Another year begins and “new year’s resolutions” become again a topic of conversation. Some of us have a few in mind and some of us don’t bother because we already know it won’t last.
Change is never easy and as my grandfather used to say “things always work out for the better at the end”, whether the change was easy or difficult.
How about monthly resolutions? Thirty days is enough to make a change in your life, if you are consistent everyday. In fact, it may become so routine that it will be natural and part of your life.
Below are some personal development traits that I blogged about in the last year and a half, which may inspire you for your monthly resolutions.
1) Multitasking: There are 24 hours in a day to do what you want. So what do you need to do to reach this fulfilment? http://annajankovich.com/2015/01/lifecoaching-and-multitask/
2) Smile: You don’t need to be happy or cheerful to smile. You can be happy and smile for others in their lives, for an article you just read, a meal you just ate, a song you just heard, a pet you just crossed, a view, a comfortable chair, a clean desk…anything! http://annajankovich.com/2015/01/smile-you-not-on-camera/
3) Slow Down: What keeps you from slowing down and what is that risk to you? http://annajankovich.com/2015/04/can-you-slow-down/
4) Asking: Asking powerful questions is a talent like curiosity, intuition and listening. http://annajankovich.com/2015/02/asking-powerful-questions/
5) Acknowledgement: What is the impact you want to have on others? http://annajankovich.com/2015/06/the-impact-of-acknowledgement/
6) Listening: What do you need to do to be a good listener? http://annajankovich.com/2015/05/listening-prison/
7) Feedback or Feedfoward: Which do you prefer to choose? http://annajankovich.com/2015/12/feedback-or-feedforward/
8) Courage: Stepping Out Into The Unknown. http://annajankovich.com/2015/09/stepping-out-into-the-unknown/
So what are you waiting for?
Always nice to hear from followers who share their thoughts. Keep them coming at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow me for weekly inspirations on https://www.facebook.com/lifecoachannajankovich/. Wishing everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What happens at work or at home when you have doubts, questions, uncertainties about something? Many of us turn to a friend, family member, confident or a colleague. You may not be aware of it, but each one of us has a powerful resource within, that we can refer to as our Captain.
Your Captain is your Inner Authority, a forward looking visionary who is in charge and leads you where you want to go, both professionally and personally. Your Captain’s key attributes are; courage, determination, clarity, empathy and insight. Your Captain is there, whenever you need it, no matter what the situation or feeling is. Your Captain is grounded, daring, patient, caring, encouraging, loving and is fully dedicated to you, and only you.
Another great thing about your Captain is that it is a Saboteur buster (see Blog Who is Your Saboteur?).
So, how can you tap into this Captain of yours and make a connection? Your Captain does not necessarily need to be a person, it can also be an animal or an object.
Four Effective Steps to Connect with your Captain:
1) Values: Who or what in your life do you admire or find inspiration from? Which of their values attract you? Name this Captain.
2) Visualise: What does this Captain look like? Sound like? Move like? Smell like? Feel like?
3) Notice: What stands out about your Captain? What is it like being with your Captain? Notice your reactions
4) Gift: Your Captain has a gift, what is it? Name it, try to bring it to life and hold onto it.
This is your Inner Authority, the leader within you. Your Captain believes in you totally and knows how to move you forward and into action towards your goal. Whenever you are stuck with a challenge, tap into your Captain first and then your other resources, if needed.
Curious about a new perspective and finding out more about your Captain? Contact me for some coaching and we will make your Captain come to life!
(c) 2018 Anna Jankovich, all rights reserved.